Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jungle fever...

So, I've done it again...oh the days of large craft projects... It started with carving 12 pumpkins for a pumpkin village, then moved on to a whole haunted forest wired to the railings outside my apartment. This year its turned into 300 cupcakes for stake relief society enrichment and last week, decorations for the YSA Preference dance "It's a Jungle Out There".

Well, just like my signature karaoke song "Rollin' on the River", where it states, that they "never, ever, do nothin' nice, and easy...", it seems that's how my ideas go as well. Thanks to the help and support of good friends who pitched in and let me boss them around, the foliage on the church grounds, and a few trips to home depot, the gym was transformed for one spectacular night! I am happy to report, very few tears were shed in the making of this project...and many laughs were shared!

The pictures really don't doit justice! Oh, and the volcano was built and rocked by Mark Chapman and his mother--who I absolutely think is so fun and wonderful!





4 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm speechless, looks amazing! You never cease to amaze me.

Desiree said...

Hi Katie! Love the blog. Congrats on writing for the magazine. And your dance decorations are amazing. Is there anything you can't do? :) Just thought I would say hi. Hope all is well.

greg & allyson said...

Love the decor! you always have been creative! how fun to be able to put those skills to work productively!--i would love to do something like that!

Matt and Mandy said...

Wow, impressive! Sorry, I was blog-stalking and ran across your blog, hope you don't mind :) Seriously, you are talented, everything you create turns out amazing!