Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thank you for Being a Friend...

It was so fun to be back in Utah again a few weeks ago. Especially to see those people that mean so much to me in my life and to whom I can say, I would not be who I am today, were it not for their support and influence in my life. I was able to go to lunch with my old boss, Julie Hatchett, at BYU. Julie was and is someone who has been more than just an employer--she has been my friend, confidant, support and personal cheerleader. Julie taught me how to jump in to the deep end--she showed me how to stretch myself and plow a path to accomplishment. She has been an example to me of how to balance fun and responsibility. I will always hold her in the highest regard and will be forever grateful for her believing in me.


Then there is my Natalie. I wouldn't even know where to begin bragging about how lucky I am to have her in my life. Natalie and I became friends in college at BYU--back in the days of the Avenues and Matt Herzog, lol. Her friendship has been more of a sisterhood to me--she has an uncanny ability to call just when I need it most. It is a rare occurrence to find a friend that somehow knows what you need when you need it, without you ever telling them. Besides, she is one of the most talented people I know. She puts on a mean party, bakes a killer roast, and is everything darling you could think of. She is a kindred spirit--she's my Nat.


Congratulations to the sassiest of them all--Shanna banana! Shanna graced my life last year when she moved to California for a few months. Apart from almost getting killed by a mad man with a hook for an arm (can you say stranger danger, Shanna?), Shanna's sense of humor and sass was (and for a lack of better words) a breath of fresh air. There's no one else I would rather jump on hotel beds with! Hopefully, her new husband will do that with her--otherwise I may have to steal her away every so often. Shanna's wedding was beautiful. I was so thrilled to be able to be there to see her so happy--I wish her and Nate all the best in the world.

3 comments:

Erin said...

how fun! looks like your utah trips have been a blast! You are of course as gorgeous as ever!

Katie said...

well, and if I ever get out to HI, I will get to add pictures of you and me too!

Natalie said...

You're so sweet, you made me cry! Love you too!